OC PGSP POLICY AND PURPOSES
Head of OC PGSP
Mr. Vadim ŞARGAROVSCHI
Strategic policy of the Certification Body for Products with Potential Hazards (OC PGSP) within the State Enterprise „Technical Centre for Industrial Safety and Certification" is designed to maintain and permanently improve its activities and the process of rendering services necessary to demonstrate that the certification body acts as a third party through the use of consequent and confident certification system, thus facilitating its perception on the national and international levels and the internal and external markets trade.
Certification Body, at all its structural levels, focuses its efforts with the purposes of client's satisfaction through performing its requests in full compliance with the legal framework and relevant secondary legislation.
OC PGSP has the following quality-related objectives:
- Extension/limiting the accreditation area;
- Improvement of the certification processes in compliance with SM SR EN ISO/CE1 17065:2013 and the Law on Accreditation and Conformity Assessment Activity no 235 of 01.12.2011;
- Use of new technical regulations based on the form of their implementation. Maintenance and improvement of the certification activities for the purposes of rendering high quality certification services;
- Proper analysis and determination of the methods for claim management;
- Continuous analysis of the potential grounds for claims;
- Application of the preventive actions designed to avoid claims from the clients;
- Continuous analysis of activity of CB, internal on-site audits, performance of corrective actions necessary to improve the activity of CB;
- Assurance of the economic agents' awareness through TCISC'w webpage;
- Internal continuous training of the personnel necessary to maintain their level of skills;
- External continuous training and traineeship for personnel;
- Cooperation with other Certification Authorities with the similar area of activity;
- Efficient and useful use of material resources, depending on the current needs;
- Reasonable remuneration of the OC PGSP employees in compliance with the works performed;
- Observance of the ethical rules and moral principles in relationships with the clients and employees.
Quality policy and objects are considered to be valid for a long-term perspective because of their compliance with the requirements set for a certification body which acts as impartial and objective third party.
RSM Ms. Tatiana GOLOVNEA